LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
He is a very nice guy also, I met him in Venice Italy at his studio near the piazza San Stefano. Incredible carver in all sizes, does a lot of big projects like the Ferrari "boat" that has been seen on the canals in Venice. He is very well known here and has spawned many other carvers in Venice to carve realistic looking objects, like Grinling Gibbons did. His creativity is amazing.
go to http://www.liviodemarchi.com/#!__profile you can see his web site and the location. He kind of inspired me to start carving. Does cool stuff in glass also.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Absolutely amazing, the guy is a genius.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
That is a Salvador Dali kind of mad genius going on there. Amazing talent and he has to have a large amount of free time to make all these wonderful pieces. Either that or he carves and builds reallllly fast….lmao!

I will start on my own Ferrari carving now…I will have my project up around 2040….lol

Great video Andy, thanks!

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I missed it! Truly amazing work. I wonder if he's the artist, but has underlings. That was multiple lifetimes worth of work. Hard to imagine one guy doing all those things.

The house of books was my fave.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.