LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
I've been wanting to add a vintage radial arm saw to my shop. I'd like to find a model older than this one, but this is what is available right now. From what I can tell, this may be a late 1960's model? I've heard that era is when Black and Decker took over it and they are not as good in quality as older ones. It's listed at $200 and I would not pay that much if I do decide to buy it. Does anyone have any feedback on this one? I don't know the model yet. Thanks
Motor vehicle Wood Office equipment Gas Shipping box

Attachments

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
That one is not generally considered one of the "good" Dewalts. It has some of the cost engineering features that B&D incorporated that ruined an otherwise good design. Personally I'd pass on it. I think you have the age correct, late 60's….the good were made up into the early 60's. Look for one that has a solid cast iron arm, if you removed the top of the arm on that one, you would see what looks like a ladder box casting. But some of the good ones also wear a B&D label, it took them a few years to screw everything up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.