LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have an old makita table saw, It takes 8 1/2" blades-Ive been using 7 1/4" blades because the price and selection are so much better and i havent cut anything that needed more height…

Im looking to pick up a couple of blades, Anyone familler with any good 8.5 blades? or ones to avoid?

Ive loooked on rockler and they have a couple 8.5 blades but there listed as sliding mitre saw blades, any reason they wouldnt work for me?

Thanks….

·
Registered
459 Posts
They are not usually as agressive a tooth as table saw blades can be. They usually have little or no or even negative hook on the teeth so they don't self feed the sliders. They should be ok for a table saw, just dont feed real fast.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Michael, That was my thought as well…

Roscoe, Its fairly old -its a contractors saw from the 80s i guess-i enclosed it and make it work!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.