LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
So I just got official word that I got selected for a position at Peterson AFB in Colorado Springs. I am very new to woodworking and building up my hand tool collection slowly. I was wondering if there is anyone in the Colorado Springs area that could help me get plugged in in that area and maybe show me the ropes a bit as I get more proficient. I will also be building a bench for my first project when I get settled there and would love to have someone with experience I could lean on.

Thank you all! I love this forum.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Congrats! Kind of assuming you wanted the position and Springs. :) I'm up in the Denver area, but there are lots of woodworkers in Colo. Believe there's a woodcraft store too, so that's a starting point if nobody jumps out.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
A possibility: Check the base's recreation facilities. Some military bases have a wood shop open for use to service members. The Navy base I drill at has a large wood shop. If there's a shop, you'll find experienced woodworkers that could help you get started.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.