LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
That would look great next to my Crescent jointer, probably of the same era. Getting it and making space would be another (big) problem.

·
Registered
7,831 Posts
IF I was to bid on and win this beast … I probably wouldn't be able to afford the blades for it!
36inch wheels? DANG!

And from the pix, it look like that's the only thing left in that building.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Heck of a saw… Keep in mind one thing if you are purchasing this saw.. According to the details this is a 3 phase saw… Check on the availability of it for you at your shop and/or location… Or check on the price of a phase converter for that saw.. I know a couple of people that have purchased things from them in the past…

I also see that their is an auction for a woodworking and Moulding company that closes this weekend…

Hmmm..

·
Registered
967 Posts
My dad had a 48" band saw in his shop years ago. The wheel spokes were steel but the rims of the wheels were wood with rubber tires bonded on. capacity was about 24" high. it had a platform to get high enough to use the saw. It was a "pattern" saw not a resaw.

Fired this one up Tuesday and test ran some material Thursday. blade is 3" wide. capacity is 64" high. it has a sliding/gliding table system.

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Those big saw often sell pretty cheap due to the weight,
complexity of moving them and concerns over repairs
like replacing vulcanized tires ($$). That, and most
shops don't need a saw that large, as impressive as they
are.

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
In upholstery supply places they have these enormous
band saws for cutting foam. They have 4 wheels I think,
and the blade has no teeth. I think there's a rolling
carriage. It doesn't really look like a band saw.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.