LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I checked my account and I am supposed to receive emails when someone sends me a private message, one of my friends posts something or when someone responds to a forum topic I posted.

But for the last few days I have been getting zero emails. Zip. Nada. And I even took a shower! :)

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this or it is just me.

And just because you're paranoid does not mean people are not out to get you!! LOL

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
e-mail martin ,
he knows about this stuff .

i did notice the shower , thanks (LOL) !

·
Registered
13,709 Posts
This happened to me a while back. I think it was something with my local Internet provider. I had to setup an LJ email account with Gmail.com to get my stuff. It is free but still a pain.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I've been using gmail.com thru Outlook, havent had a problem yet

and just because people are out to get you doesn't mean you're paranoid.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Checked into it from my end. For those people using Cox as their internet provider, they are filtering out Lumberjocks as spam. SO you need to either change your spam settings or somehow (I haven't figure out how yet) approve lumberjocks.com at Cox.

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
Well, it's strange how some ISPs handle spam. Right now LJ.com domain is listed on zero public spam or block lists. I made sure to check them all in the past days and even registered to one service to prevent this from happening in the future. I really have no clue what kind of spam filters companies like Cox (mentioned above) use. The best bet is to contact them and ask them to stop blocking LJ emails.

My overall suggestion is to use gmail (maybe yahoo) for all personal emails. But I know that not everybody is comfortable with that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.