LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
It was cold, but no day is good for one but this day was tougher. I lost a cousin 4 years my junior. They found him at home on Christmas Eve when they went to check on him because they couldn't get in touch him. The Medical Examiner figured he had passed away a few days earlier. Our family is close and always has been, it was a somber Christmas for our family. He was an MP in the Marines, a Wisconsin State Patrol Officer, a West Allis Policeman, and a VFW member. His VFW Post was there in force and paid a tribute to him before the Mass, saluting their downed comrade showing a lot of respect. He spent his life serving and protecting us, for that I say Thank You. Rest In Peace Mike, and God's speed.

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
sorry to hear that Curt, always a bad day, and always a worst day when it's close to home. a close family is a good thing to have, also in times like this.

peace to you and your family, and may he rest in peace.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
So sorry to hear of this Curt. Losing a family member is hard, and being around the holidays only makes it harder. You and your family are in my prayers.

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
my condolences to you and the family ,

and for the healing that love shared will bring .

·
Registered
624 Posts
So sorry Curt, take time to reflect & heal. Then get back on the Harley horse to make something for the family. He would be proud. Some times a good ride can help to talk to your insides, then again a project is kind of the same. My prayers be with you.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks studie. If it were warm enough that probably help, nothin' like the open road and wind in your face. It didn't really hit me even though I knew for awhile already till yesterday at the Church, I was feeling pretty bummed yesterday but life is going on. Two close friends now, one a riding buddy, and now the second cousin, never thought when I was younger I'd be burying people my age, our invincibility seems to be wearing off… :)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Oh, I forgot you're in cold country for sure. Here in Washington it's 16 then 50 degrees week by week. The warmer the wetter tho. I'd rather ride in the cold & dry. I'm to ride my ancient GS 1100 on a 50 mile ride to my brothers house soon. They don't like that I ride but it's all country roads & some beauties at that. I can understand feeling like doing nothin when in times of hurt or despair. I haven't had much work for 6 months now & can't believe I haven't done more in my shop to take advantage of this spare time. My Studie needs to get finished & the shop is still a mess. Big job finally coming up next week & I'll kick myself for just moping around. Time is moving faster than my feet. Hope you feel better real soon & thanks for being a Buddy.
Oh, cool videos too!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.