LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
The holidays were a blur, several days outside shoveling 2' of snow, no not off the driveway, off of the yard so I could dig up the broken septic line, finished that job up at 3pm Christmas eve. Last weekend the water heater sprung a leak so I had to replace it. That started the downhill health slide to the doctors office Thursday, apparently i have Pneumonia, WHAT? I hardly ever get sick Pneumonia? Well antibiotics, rest and stay out of the shop. I find out the radiologist opinion this week.

Oh well, a good time to learn sketchup.

·
In Loving Memory
17,103 Posts
Get well fast Tim and yes, a good time to learn Sketchup. That's what I did when I was sick for two weeks a couple of years ago. How much I learned is another matter, but I went from total ignorance to half ignorance, so I figure it was time well spent. What other reason would anyone want to be sick for?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I assume you had a flu or virus of some sort prior to the pneumonia, that is the most common scenario. I note your doc has you on some antibiotics. You will probably feel pretty tired for a while, and be sure to make your followup visits. Always remember if you get a virus that seems to be getting better, and then you get new symptoms and a fever, that bacteria may have taken advantage of the viral damage, and have started up a more easily treatable, but more dangerous illness. Pneumonia and sinusitus are the common ones, and they will make you feel quite tired.

Yup, Sketchup time. Check with DaveR if you are having problems, that's what I do, and checkout my textures at Sketchup Textures.
DaveR deletes the vertical ones, and says why in his comment. If you keep track of textures in the texture dialog box with tiles, then that makes sense. I use texture names in the dialog box, so I like horizontal and vertical versions for speed. In any case, they are more realistic, are small size so they don't slow down your computer, and tile well. Good for everyday Sketchup use.

Hope you are back to making sawdust soon, but don't push it…...........................

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
hoper you get better soon
and I now how to make damage sure and sprung waterline with my back and with hands is not the funnyest
thing todo and absulut not in the holydays in wintertime and then you get sick too
just remmember that misfortunes never come single but not more than three at a time :)
so before you know you are back in the shop

Dennis

·
Registered
35,383 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bout of LUCK.. If you didn't have bad luck you wouldn't have had any luck at all.

I think I would have gone with the no luck at all option.

Hang in there and get well. The shop can wait, but a leaking hot water tank can't.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Lumberfriends, doing a little better today, still have this lingering deep cough, I'll be glad when that stops!

Mike, I'm about half ignorant on sketchup now too, but learning.

Jim, Not sure on the flu, they made me come in the side door and tested me, it was negative (I think that test is only about 50% correct though). Sure felt like I had picked up some unfriendly bug.

I had alrady downloaded your texture file, good stuff there.

Dennisgrosen, My Grandmother always said "Bad things happen in three's" Hopefully this is the third and last thing!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.