LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roughing up

So I needed to make two night stands based on a simple request and needed a few for my own use, so I thought I would batch out some. I was not unhappy with the design that the client liked and could easily use them for my purposes.

Step one, the design:

Table Furniture Rectangle Line Parallel

Simple, clean lines. A bit narrow to fit in a very specific place.

Step two, the wood:

Table Wood Wood stain Floor Flooring

I picked up a load of Sapele. Here it has already been processed into rough dimensions.

Step three, milling:

Wood Flooring Rectangle Floor Hardwood

The joinery is simple mortise and tenon work with tapered legs. Not shown are the tops that are drying from glueup.

Step four, dry fit of the carcass:

Table Furniture Wood Flooring Floor

Two tall, two short. About a day's work, though I rarely work full days anymore. Ha. Next up is the single drawer web that will serve as the only front rail, sanding, staining, glue up then drawer making. Will be a while as I am hitting the road for a bit (OBX time of year for me!). I may get the drawer web made before I grab the fishing gear and head off.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Roughing up

So I needed to make two night stands based on a simple request and needed a few for my own use, so I thought I would batch out some. I was not unhappy with the design that the client liked and could easily use them for my purposes.

Step one, the design:

Simple, clean lines. A bit narrow to fit in a very specific place.

Step two, the wood:

I picked up a load of Sapele. Here it has already been processed into rough dimensions.

Step three, milling:

The joinery is simple mortise and tenon work with tapered legs. Not shown are the tops that are drying from glueup.

Step four, dry fit of the carcass:

Two tall, two short. About a day's work, though I rarely work full days anymore. Ha. Next up is the single drawer web that will serve as the only front rail, sanding, staining, glue up then drawer making. Will be a while as I am hitting the road for a bit (OBX time of year for me!). I may get the drawer web made before I grab the fishing gear and head off.
looking good…enjoy the fishing at OBX.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts