LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
There's a Rockler on Transit Road in Buffalo that might have some hand planes, but I doubt they handle used.

If you've never seen the falls, make them a "must see"...it's been awesome all 19 visits! Canadian side is nicer but now requires passport or a special license.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Personally, I'd check the local papers and Craigslist to see if there are any garage/estate sales that have tools for sale. I've gotten some nice planes for $10 and some that need some TLC for $5. Of course, they are always a crap shoot and you could end up wasting a morning.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Rockler would be a good place to start asking about them. Most of the guys in there are pretty helpful and might be able to point you in the right direction. Also a new Woodcraft opened up in West Seneca (only about a 10-15 minute drive from Transit down I90 W, just past the 400) so they might know as well.

Not too familiar with used tool stores in the area. Mostly we find things at estate auctions, buy online or just get it from R or WC. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.