LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,820 Posts
I've used both. I find the TS is easiest to set up and use.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
TS jig is the fastest by far, probably easier to get started on too. If you're building multiple jigs for different sized joints, mark your jig with which chipper and shims you're using from your dado stack so future setups will be less take less time.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I use an Incra on a router table. I have a nicer one now but I started with the 100 dollar plastic jig and love it. The other options mentioned will do box joints faster and easier, but the incra opens up several types of dovetails. including cornerpost.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Doing them on the router can be nearly as fast as using a dado stack in a table saw IF you have a router lift that is adjustable from the top of the table. As you are startingfromscratch that seems unlikely. The ability to just turn a wheel to move the blade up & down makes it much easier. I started on the router because a straight router bit is MUCH cheaper than a dado stack.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Also depends on what size projects you are working on.

If you are making small boxes, for example, Infinity has a box joint cutter that will do 1"+ blade pass in one go if you have a router. With some good router travel, you could do much larger joints with an additional adjustment\pass.

I use an Incra Ultra Jig on a router table.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.