LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,908 Posts
Wow. Your shop is about as small as mine. Mine is 12 X 24 and I sure wish I had the extra 2 feet on the width. It sure would have been nice. But I am thinking of adding on about 5 feet and I think I can get all the room I need that way. I sure miss having a big saw like that too. Very nice layout.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Wow Tom your shop is so clean and very organized and I love your dust collection sys. you sure did it right!

I hope you and your loved ones have A Very Merry Christmas!!
God Bless
Rj

·
Registered
13,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GHman: You will always be my buddy! After looking at some of the other LJ's shops it puts my shop to shame. I feel the same way about some peoples projects. That is what is so neat about lumberjocks. We get inspiration from each other no matter how long we have been doing woodworking.

woodnewbee: I use a 220V electric heater to get the shop warmed up on real cold days and then have a 110V quartz heater that holds the temperture I want. If the temperture is above freezing the quartz heater is all that I need. I have the shop very will insullated so it does not take long to heat it up and hold the heat.

cabinetmaster: The size of my shop is my main complaint. One works with what they have but would love to build a 14 X 14 addition on the back of the shop someday. It would make a nice finish area and storage area. Right now I have a shed sitting on the pattio right outside the back door for off fall sheet stock, wood and jigs. I either finish in the shop or in the basement which is unfinished.

WhittleMeThis: I am a clean, organizing nut! My shop looks like this after every project. The main reason is I finish in it but also do it for safety!

mthomp0725: I stated working on my shop 504 days ago. We all know it will never be done till I am done.

Thanks for all your comments and Merry Christmas to everyone.

God Bless
tom

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Greetings Tom: I must say that with the space you have, you have managed to arrange all the tools just right. It looks like a good work flow, and ease of access. Very neat and clean. I like a neat and tidy shop. It makes the work area more enjoyable if you're not tromping in sawdust. I clean as much as I work….... lol lol.
Great assortment of tools, also. Which ones are your favorites, if any? Again, great setup.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I would be too embarrassed to show you mine because the simple reason is I do not have one. I work inside of the two car carage filled with so many other things it is a wonder I can find tools to work with. But I only do simple things anyway. Great workshop there my friend. Merry Christams and God Bless you and yours. Bye.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Great Shop!
I like how you put everything on casters, and preferably with brakes, everything looks so carefully laid out! Thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.