LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I noticed there was a new Video posted @ Woodtreks and thought I would pass the info along. There are excellent quality woodworking videos from fellow Lumberjock Keith Cruickshank. If you have not heard of Woodtreks, stop what your doing and go give it a look.

http://woodtreks.com/

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blake, the new videos are on top left of the page: How To Apply Decorative Fluting (or Reeding) to Turned Objects is the new one.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Oh my. I went and watched their video An Introduction to Five Top Plane Types. What a waste of band-width. The guy doesn't know the difference between a shoulder plane and a rabbet plane and doesn't appear to have a clue as to what the purpose of each plane is, let alone how and why they're used. I doubt he's actually past the "gee, I can make a shaving" stage. I would suggest he stick to power tools but I fear he'd be likely to cut a hand off.

If that video is representative of what they offer, I can't imagine anyone wasting time watching anything. I didn't leave a comment there but I will when time allows.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
ok thats what I thought… but I'm pretty sure even that video has been up for several months. As far as i can tell the site is pretty dormant.

Has anyone bothered to sign up for email alerts from that site?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.