LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need to go buy some lottery tickets, got a kid in college and there is no way I can justify buying them at the moment.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I got the e-mail yesterday and after resisting for a couple of hours, ordered the set of three in imperial sizes. I can't wait to try them out and write a review. I have the Veritas medium shoulder plane and I like it a lot. These tool suppliers must know I'm a sucker for a pretty plane. Please don't tell my wife.

·
Registered
148 Posts
GODS THEIR BEAUTIFUL . I'd almost be afraid to use them, just sit and stare at'em.
Ya right the moment i got them it will be what can i make or i'd waste a bunch of wood just to try them out.

Super Nice grab Wayne

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I've said it before. The use of hand planes is definetely on the comeback. You just can't keep a beautiful and useful tool down.

Looks like I'll be placing an order also.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
"is the default price for Veritas products always $149.99? Really…"

Blair, that's for 3 planes--1/4",5/16", 3/8"
There's also a series of 6,8,10 mm for us metric guys.

I think indivdually they are $65.00.

Double click on the first posting ( the blue line) and it takes you to the web page.

·
Registered
14,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If my budget was a bit better these days, I would get all 5 for the $239.00 introductory offer….. (5/16 and 8mm overlap)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Man, I've been shopping for a rabbet plane, too! I'm gonna try to save enough for the set of 3 imperial by March 25, 'cause that's a killer price and those things are just flippin' pretty!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.