LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
I like it for crosscutting, but it is still not a format slider. Looks like they would build a saw where the slider is right up against the blade. And where is the support? Are you supposed to build a sawhorse to carry the other end of a long piece?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Very much like other attachments that have been around for a very long time, similar to the current Grizzly model at $600.
One problem! Those work better on right tilt saws for bevel cutting, as left tilters can put the board in a bind. Been there and done that with an Excalibur model on a PM 72.
Almost everything the left tilt folks dislike about right tilt saws, you get for $1000!

·
Banned
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was seriously considering one but the more I thought about the thought of cutting miters with the left-tilt blade just didn't make sense. A bad design for a company that put so much emphasis on safety.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks for posting the video - I will def have to check that out in person. Sliding mechanism and fit and finish look great.

Did I head the rep correctly that you'll have to cut (or have a machine shop cut) the fence and base to the appropriate length? That seems like a daunting step. I wonder why they don't just make a slightly different sized slider for each of their three models?

·
Registered
11,867 Posts
A very good-looking sliding table attachment.

Aluminum anodized fences cut easily with a carbide
blade. I've cut extrusions plenty. The chips are
hot so, like welding sparks, it may hurt a bit if they
hit your skin, but if you stand clear of the
plume when cutting they are mostly avoidable.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.