LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been using an old Sears contractor saw for years. I am not much of a woodworker but want to do more once we get a garage addition done. We on a farm auction site a few days ago and bid on the pictured Jet Tablesaw. I should have done some research but bid anyway and ended up "winning" the saw. Please tell me I did okay at 815.00 inc the tax. Thank you.
Table Wood Workbench Engineering Machine tool

Wheel Tire Wood Floor Flooring

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'd have to say, atleast in my neck of the woods, you did ok. It may not be a super steal of a deal, but I sure don't think you overpaid for it. I think you will really like your out feed table, I have one that's similar and don't know how i did it before I had it.

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
Hmm, Jet cabinet saw with 50inch capacity, Biesemeyer style fence, mobile base and outfeed roller table for $815?

Ya done good!

That looks like a lifetime setup to me-no reason to ever have to upgrade. Congrats.

·
Registered
980 Posts
IMHO you knocked it out of the park just from the pictures. As was said, the collapsible outfeed table isn't a give-away item. When you add in all of the extras alone, they probably more than equal 60% of your total cost. No buyers remorse needed here.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
I'd have to agree with the first post, around me that would be an ok deal, not a steal and not a ripoff, but ok.

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
It's a nice saw that looks to be in great shape with a really good fence, a mobile base, and a heck of an outfeed table….if it's 3-5hp, I'd say it's a sweet deal @ $815 total. Check the alignment, and treat your new saw to a nice blade or two. Congrats!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks to you all for the speedy replies…my first time here and it is nice to know there is a good group out there!

It is a 3 hp and single phase 240v. I am dying to see how 3hp cuts compared to the old 3/4 horse craftsman. The paint in most of the wear places looked pretty good.

I will now feel much better breaking the news to my better half!

Many thanks to all of you!

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
It is a 3 hp and single phase 240v. I am dying to see how 3hp cuts compared to the old 3/4 horse craftsman. The paint in most of the wear places looked pretty good.

- mpierce
Should be a pretty remarkable difference in power….the 3hp should be less sensitive to the conditions that would labor your old saw. The difference in mass and feel are going to be huge too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.