LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
The old wood working machinery slope has become very slippery here as of late. I bid on and won a Powermatic 1150A drill press off ebay. It is going get the full treatment and be put back into service really soon. That is as soon as I get it home. It is currently sitting in San Diego awaiting a trip south for me to go pick it up. It is a '77 model with a 3/4hp, 3ph 1140rpm motor, a JT33 taper spindle and overall in quite good condition. I will be installing an Albrecht keyless chuck.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the DP arrived today. The nice gentleman that was holding it for me has a friend who is driving to San Francisco. The press was loaded into the truck and it hitched a ride north. He even unloaded and put her in the garage for me being I am at work for the next 24 hrs. What a guy!! I will tear into it tomorrow and see what needs to be done. I bought an Albrecht keyless chuck off ebay for a steal of a price, $65. New its $389. I will get some progress photos in a couple of days in a blog.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.