LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm building a six board chest using pine. Looked a several designs and tried to draw something up for the
boot jack curved ends. Every design I come up with looks off. Tried using a compass and various instructions
I've found online. However, still no success at a decent layout on the ends. Does any one have a template or know where I can get one.

thanks

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Can you post a picture of your rough sketch and your dimensions so that it is more clear what you are attempting? I'd be happy to give it a shot for you and send you a PDF if I can come up with something in the ballpark.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Since it was included in the plan, I took a copy of the boot jack image from page 4 of the plan and put it at scale in a PDF file. I added a line to indicate the height of the boot jack so that when you print it you can be sure that it is to scale. You will either need to be able to tile print on an 8.5×11 printer, or send it to an 11×17 printer (Kinkos has these if you don't have other options). You would just print this to scale, use spray adhesive to lightly mount it to the work piece, then cut it out.

If you'd like me to send this to you, send me a PM with your email address.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paul,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry about the delay in responding. I didn't think of enlarging the image. Not clear on how to do it anyway. I'm having an issue with my personal email. Could you reply in the forum and attach the image to the message.

Thanks,
david

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.