LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought a never used 9419 B&D table saw that is missing the orange switch key. Anybody have one they're willing to part with? I bought this exact saw in the mid 80's. It's very comfortable for me to use because I basically grew up with it. I never imagined I'd find an in box never used machine, so when mine died, it went in the trash. Now I find my new machine has no switch key. Argh. If I have to, I can wire a switch in line, but I hate to do that. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for looking into this Randy. I can actually manipulate the switch without the key. The missing key has prongs that catch the toggle switch inside the switch box. I think my best option is to turn the switch on within the box and wire a new switch in the cord between the outlet and the factory switch. Wiring a new switch in the existing box would be next to impossible because of limited space. Also, there is a capacitor in there that I'm guessing gives the motor the extra jolt to get things moving. I really don't want to disturb what already works. My fix won't be pretty, but I want to be able to quickly turn the saw off in case of emergency.

Thanks for the feedback!

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.