LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner

Need some wood working schooling

1011 Views 0 Replies 1 Participant Last post by  Ditchdoc1207
Hi all I'm new to this site and love what I have read and seen thus far. I need some help / advice. I am getting into woodworking and need to start at the beginner level. I know a lot more then that but since it has been so long since high school wood shop ect I think it would be wise to start at scratch. I am pretty handy and know how to read a ruler and know what all the major types of tools are used for (now when you get into very specific types of tools with very limited uses ect I might not know what that tool is for). What I am needing is to know how to follow a set of plans and actually come up with the correct item once I am done building it. How do I measure angles. One big issue I have is with joints its usually never a problem for me to get the first half right of the joint but when it comes to doing the adjoining joint on the other piece of wood I mess it up every time (this issue alone is my biggest problem). How do I figure out total board feet, ect. Is there any web sites that I can go to and read this info for free or maybe a book I could buy? Any help would be a great help. TIA
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.