LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
ok guys Im little new to wood working and have been recently having fun making art out of dead trees.

Im lookin for some ideas to build a cost effective square base that my tree is lag bolted into. i want the base to be sturdy and flat on top so i may cover it.

recently i used a 3ply plywood sheet cut into 2×2 square. lag bolted into it. then sandwiched 2×10 in middle with another plywood sheet under it. this worked good and made heavy base but seemed like a waste of wood.

included is a pic of my most recent tree lag bolted into piece 2×10

any ideas how to build better flat square base ?
Wood Human body Trunk Tree Flooring

Wood Human body Trunk Tree Flooring

Attachments

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
If you have a lumber yard in your area, you could get some nice rough cut lumber for a great price.

I would get some descent wood and you can make it part of the project instead of just covering it.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a cross would work but i feel it would look more like xmas tree stand. here is pic of the last base made covered in outdoor carpet. but this square would be expensive to reproduce since cost of wood has gone up here. i do sell these .

Cat Carnivore Felidae Comfort Grey

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.