LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hi All,

My dad gave me my grand father hand brace. It was in good shape, just had to clean it up a bit. During the clean up I noticed a number on it N 1425. See picture.

Bicycle part Automotive exterior Nickel Auto part Composite material

Amber Water Yellow Gold Liquid

I am not sure which brand it is, no info on it. For me it is priceless, it comes from my grand father. Feels very solid and works perfectly. I wish I had some bits. However I would like to know a little bit more about it.
Hopefully someone will fill up my dearth of knowledge.

At the same time I got a scraper Stanley N 80 and a spoke shave. I intend to put them in good use. They need serious sharpening.

Hand tool Tool Wood Wrench Metalworking hand tool

Wood Tool Nickel Fashion accessory Metal

Thank you, Arnaud

Attachments

·
Banned
589 Posts
I believe your brace is a french-made Peugeot & Fréres-can't tell you much more than that, but you might want to "Google" it.

btw-I think you meant to say that wish you had some bits, not braces.

The spokeshave blade and the scraper blade are sharpened very differently-again if you google "sharpen" or "turn an edge on a scraper" you'll find more info than you ever wanted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.