LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Dear Lumberjocks,
My wife wants me to give her a gift suggestion for xmas. The challenge: it has to be in the 50$-75$ range. What I don't have: there are many things I don't have. I prefer hand tools over power tools, and I also consider myself a beginner. Ideas anyone?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WayneC might be on to something; I was thinking about one of those marking gauges or a square/straightedge os some type. And I also LOVE books. anyone ever use that honing guide by veritas? or maybe that's just more gizmo-type stuff I really don't need

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
It depends on what you like to make. A nice spokeshave or set of microplanes if you do a lot of hand work. A gift certificate to Garrett Wade or Lee Valley. FYI: You're in my neighborhood.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
We have a wish list in my store. Guys fill it out, then send their wife in to buy. She gets help--gee, what a concept, and you get what you want. Don't you wish you lived here in Lubbock, Texas.(Yeah, I know-Blatant commercial promotion, what can I say)

Really, I have in the past, got a woodworking catalog, marked different products, and let her surprise me with "what I always wanted". I've got a Bridge City list for her right now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.