LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Wood Table Floor Wood stain Flooring

So I got this Slab from a tree that we cut down years ago, I finally was able to get to work on it a few months ago. So what I've done to it is flatten it. I added a bow tie(or i think that's what it's called) that is made of Paduak. I ended up deciding to add a coat of linseed oil to it. This slab has been sitting in the shop for a wile and I've been trying to come up with something to make with it. I was thinking of grabbing a few branches and using those as legs, making this a small rustic bench or something. I think the slab is to small to be a table.
So my question is do you guys have some ideas for what this could be used for? I would like to keep the slab intact(as in use the whole thing, not cut it up). and I really like rustic things.
So if ya have any ideas please let me know!!
Thanks Guys!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
It can be a nice tall hallway addition or a coffee table. I think the leg design, drawer, and supports will make or break this project. Put it on paper and work out what you want it to be before going any further. The butterfly sticks out like a soar thumb in MHO.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was thinking a hall/entry way table would be really nice. I m not a fan of using branches for legs though.

Edit: to make the bowties more pronounced you can add two more. One larger closer to the end of the slab and one smaller further down.

- richardwootton
For some reason I never thought of adding more, now that you mention it I think it would look better. I'll have to lay that out one day and see if I like it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.