LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just joined LJ. Thanks to everyone who commented on my profile.

After a long hiatus, I'm returning to woodworking as a hobby. Back when I was a boy, my dad had a great garage full of tools and cool stuff. I got into more trouble out there, but managed to keep all 10 of my fingers intact.

But when I went to college I moved out, and didn't have the resources or space for my own shop. I began my job as a biochemist, and my wife and I began to travel. I'd of course take take photos. Photography became my new hobby. After a few years I began to sell my photos and after a bit longer I was making more with my camera than I was as a scientist.

So I went out on a limb and quit my regular time job and became a full time photographer specializing in weddings. My hobby had become my profession. Besides, I was spending all my time growing my business, and didn't have time for something new.

After 3 long years on my own, we bought our first house together, ast spring,, and I got my first garage. Now I'm in the progress of building a shop, focusing on woodworking, and reclaiming a lost hobby.

I'm excited to be a part of this community, and looking forward to many great questions and stories. If anyone needs any help with taking good photos of their work, I'm here to help!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Welcome to LJs. This place is loaded with helpful people that have years of experience. I dare say If you cant find it here, it hasn't been done yet. Look forward to seeing your progress on the shop.

·
Registered
27,252 Posts
It is good to have you here as a member of the group. I am looking forward to seeing some of your posts.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
As a wedding photographer, been there done that. Woodworking is a lifetime love affair with creating small to huge projects and sometimes just making a few bits of sawdust and shavings just to smell the wood. Welcome back to the wood and welcome to LumberJocks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.