LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts
Looks like a Ryobi AH115… See this thread.

Cheers,
Brad

- MrUnix
I believe you are correct sir. I don't have room for it, but if I did…..
When I build a bigger shop someday one of these may make its home there. I thought it was interesting that this thread was on the same day that I found one.

MrUnix,

I have a questions on the 2030 I was hoping you could help me with. How did you get the roll pins out that are on the legs supporting the jointer? They are in the top and bottom of the legs but are not all the way through the legs so there is no way to drive them out of the legs…were you able to drill them out?

Mine is currently upside down in the pictures, sorry for that.

Helmet Wood Metal Concrete Carmine

Water Wood Trunk Brick Terrestrial plant

Plumbing fixture Water Wood Tap Gas

Wood Stairs Automotive tire Fender Font

Attachments

Short answer, as I'm currently running on a generator after Irma hit us..
Drive them through with an appropriate sized pin punch. They are short, so will just fall into the tubes.
I can provide more info once we get power restored… whenever that may be.

Cheers,
Brad

RookieWood - oh, I have parts. So many parts. I have a post going here for those parts: http://lumberjocks.com/topics/241962

It shows pictures of most of the parts I have. I just got back from an emergency trip to the middle of nowhere, I'll finally be making a list with parts numbers pretty quick. If you wouldn't mind, tell me on that post what you're looking for (so we don't clutter up this nice thread) and I'll get back to you.

Just reviving this old post. Just getting into wood working and was looking at getting a lunchbox thickness planer. But I found an old 220v Makita 2030 for about the same price. The machine looks reasonable shape from the photos and the owner says the rollers and belt were replaced … but he as only run to one time. My concern is the motor. If the motor goes it seems it might be hard to source parts. Called Makita and they have the armature but not the field. I talked to a local repair shop and they say they could rebuild just about anything, but the cost would be prohibitive - they figured it would be about $1000 to redo the field windings by hand.

JDCWA was looking into a new motor for his machine. MrUnix suggested the motor could be replaced with an induction motor. The motor shop I was ay thought it would have to be a 5 hp motor- just like bigblockyeti suggested. Anyway, I did not see any followup. I'd be interested in hearing back from JDCWA, or anyone else, if they were successful in mounting an induction motor to the 2030

Thanks
Scott

Hi Scott,
I ended up putting a Dayton 1 HP 230 Volt motor on. Dayton part number 5PHA9A. Works like a dream. I had to get the guys at work to make a mounting plate for me but I've had no issues with power.

Hi MrUnix,

I made an account here to ask for some guidance as you are clearly very knowledgable about this machine. I would have sent you a direct message but the site does not let new users do that.

I was hoping you could describe how to remove the v-pulley on the gear box, to get inside there.
Wood Gas Auto part Circle Audio equipment

I'm talking about the one shown in the picture. It's not clear to me how to remove it. I'm thinking that its threaded, but I don't know how to hold the shaft still, while unscrewing… or do I need a gear puller? Thats my immediate question

I'm in the process of repairing the machine I recently got, and there are a few major issues with it. The drive shaft that runs the chain for the feed rollers, the side of the hole for the woodruff key is worn away. Since this part is discontinued, I think my best option is to see if I can get a metal shop to replicate the part for me (though i've entertained the idea of trying to rebuild the side with something like jb weld or cutting a new keyway) . Do you have any thoughts? The other major issue is that the end of one of the feed rollers where the sprocket would attach, snapped off. Wondering if that could be welded back on or if I'm in the market for a new roller.

Thanks for any insight.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.