very nice,can't wait till the next one.thanks for sharing.Assemblying the Miter Saw Stand
As promised, here are some pics of the construction of the miter saw stand. If you remember from the first entry, I am using the plans from Ron Paulk to go by. However, I have made some changes to fit my situation. So this stand is kind of a cross between his workbench and his miter saw stand.
Onward and upward…
In my last entry, I made a couple of templates out of mdf to use when cutting and routing the parts for the stand. I forgot to include pics of them, so here are the pics of the templates after they had been fabricated.
To make them, I laid out the dimensions and cut a 5 inch hole on each end with a hole saw. Then I used a straight edge to mark in between the circles. I cut just inside the line with a jig saw, then attached the guides with double stick tape and ran the router along the edges with a flush trim bit attached. They actually turned out pretty good.
With all of my parts cut, I started the assembly by building each side of the stand. I turned the top upside down and attached the front, back and side pieces with pocket screws. I used some glue but pretty much abandoned it after slicing my finger wide open when I was in a hurry (glue setting up) to drive the screws and literally drove the screw past my index finger on my left hand. Dang that hurt…and I bled like a stuck hog. First Aid to the rescue. Thank goodness for a caring wife.
I managed to get both pieces of the top together without further incident.
I sat them aside and concentrated on the base of the stand. It is a single piece of 3/4 plywood 80 inches long by 22 1/4 wide. I positioned it on top of the two lower cabinets and bolted it to them with 8ea 5/16 inch bolts.
Next, I glued and screwed the two frame stiffners to the bottom. I scrounged up some 2×4's to make some simple caulls.
I gave the glue about an hour and a half to dry then turned the bottom over and drove the rest of the screws.
With the bottom complete, I turned it over on top of the two top pieces and screwed through the bottom into the frame members of the two tops. I used a lot of drywall screws for this operation.
These pics show the stand completely assembled and bolted together.
Yep… it's dead level. Guess I lucked out this time.
My next entry will cover the construction of the fences and the installation of the Kreg Precision Trak System.
44.4 KB Views: 3
43.7 KB Views: 3
39.7 KB Views: 5
35.6 KB Views: 3
26.6 KB Views: 3
33.6 KB Views: 3
31.5 KB Views: 4
17.8 KB Views: 4
19.4 KB Views: 2
22.8 KB Views: 3
16.4 KB Views: 3
15.2 KB Views: 4