LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I'm making a router fence for my table saw extension router table. The faces are MDF. I was planning on placing t-track in the front face. Do I have to glue/epoxy/cement it? I know screws don't hold very well in MDF but I don't like to epoxy my t-tracks down if I can help it…

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah good idea Greg! I will have to check and see if that interferes with the aluminum angle support but hopefully it should be ok…

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Stop blocks and feather boards don't expert that much pressure. I wouldn't glue them I have used doubke stick tape and screws. Works fine.

Tip:when drilling and screwing MDF place a clamp each side across hole will prevent splitting.

·
Registered
435 Posts
First, make sure the top of the T-track is a hair proud of the MDF surface! The way, if you over tighten, it will bear on the track. Next, use deep thread, coarse screws. If you want to go overboard, a bit of epoxy or Gorilla glue will give extra insurance.

·
Registered
589 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.