LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51,858 Posts
I have a Powermatic, but it isnt a bench top. I looked a lot at bench top ones before buying the floor model, and I liked the General since it was one of the only bench top ones at the time that had a tilting mechanism in it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a Multico and also an older reliant model. The Multico is no longer distributed here but it is a great machine if you can find one used. The lower price Reliant has served me well, with no issues noted.

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Check out trade & swap in Forums, Peter O 5 days ago.

Delta Mortising attachment for use on a drill press. I have same one, used a couple of times, like it.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I also have the Jet. After I replaced the table with something with more substance and added better hold down clamps it works very well. One think I like is that it runs at 1750 r.p.m.. Some of the bench top mortising machines run at 3450. That's too fast.

However, if you have a good, strong drill press, I think a mortising attachment for a drill press is virtually as good as a mortising machine. I didn't when I bought the mortising machine. I do now and I halfway regret buying the mortising machine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.