LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Month of August and Shopsmith Castors again..3rd time

Wow it has been a crazy month and I can say I almost feel like I did make progress on some shop things BUT its Phoenix and heat has its effect here. So if you can do an hour in the outdoor shop with something of a cooler but not full AC you should feel good. Some days that means change that shirt …I bought some old guy cotton short sleeve shirts just for the summer as beater shirts, I am almost 70 so old guy fits…I mean over 100 by 9 am is something.
Next I did escape for a week to a funeral in Ohio and that was sad but helpful to my brother. I did visit the Woodcraft store and of course spent some dough. TSA did inspect that checked bag.
Also I did buy that extra Shopsmith and after some effort decided to sell the older one and swapped the new red castors from the older to the newer SS. Now this is the 3rd time for me, the first was on my SS in Pennsylvania and I like the wheels. But I have never followed one step and turned the unit upside down, I have only propped it up on the end and drilled new holes with a guide and its gone well. Today even laying on the floor to get the new nuts on the longer bolts in those small spaces. But even my wife can roll the tool with one hand, good for the 150 pound machine. So in my new collection more lathe parts, more bowl chisels, another Nova chuck, newer Joiinter, dado blade and arbor and more 10 inch blades, Sharpening guide and disk, concical disk, and the SS scroll saw on a stand. I also bought in the deal the Incra fence guide system for the SS. Now someone may rethink why did you buy another SS when you had one with bandsaw and jointer. It was all the accessories and a 2005 model and a great price….I will leave that to your wondering. Enough to say my older one and some extras will be on the sale sight soon. I should recoup most of my investment. Soon I will get back on track for the Adirondack Chairs, at this point chair 1 is assembled to test it. Chair 2 has side frames assembled and the back assembled, seat slats cut and rounded, and arms cut and rounded. So looking good for getting them both done by end of September. September the weather breaks here and sitting outdoors with coffee and watching the grandson play is more likely than August, so just a few days of work to do. Thanks for folloiwing. Hal

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Month of August and Shopsmith Castors again..3rd time

Wow it has been a crazy month and I can say I almost feel like I did make progress on some shop things BUT its Phoenix and heat has its effect here. So if you can do an hour in the outdoor shop with something of a cooler but not full AC you should feel good. Some days that means change that shirt …I bought some old guy cotton short sleeve shirts just for the summer as beater shirts, I am almost 70 so old guy fits…I mean over 100 by 9 am is something.
Next I did escape for a week to a funeral in Ohio and that was sad but helpful to my brother. I did visit the Woodcraft store and of course spent some dough. TSA did inspect that checked bag.
Also I did buy that extra Shopsmith and after some effort decided to sell the older one and swapped the new red castors from the older to the newer SS. Now this is the 3rd time for me, the first was on my SS in Pennsylvania and I like the wheels. But I have never followed one step and turned the unit upside down, I have only propped it up on the end and drilled new holes with a guide and its gone well. Today even laying on the floor to get the new nuts on the longer bolts in those small spaces. But even my wife can roll the tool with one hand, good for the 150 pound machine. So in my new collection more lathe parts, more bowl chisels, another Nova chuck, newer Joiinter, dado blade and arbor and more 10 inch blades, Sharpening guide and disk, concical disk, and the SS scroll saw on a stand. I also bought in the deal the Incra fence guide system for the SS. Now someone may rethink why did you buy another SS when you had one with bandsaw and jointer. It was all the accessories and a 2005 model and a great price….I will leave that to your wondering. Enough to say my older one and some extras will be on the sale sight soon. I should recoup most of my investment. Soon I will get back on track for the Adirondack Chairs, at this point chair 1 is assembled to test it. Chair 2 has side frames assembled and the back assembled, seat slats cut and rounded, and arms cut and rounded. So looking good for getting them both done by end of September. September the weather breaks here and sitting outdoors with coffee and watching the grandson play is more likely than August, so just a few days of work to do. Thanks for folloiwing. Hal
Hal, it sounds like you got a good deal, and the new casters are a good addition. I still have the factory casters on mine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts