LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
I remember seeing this hint somewhere, but I can't figure out how to get a square peg in a round hole.

The handle of my jointer/planer needs a large number of turns to convert from jointing to planing mode. I remember seeing a hint somewhere where someone took a socket and somehow had an extension on it that fit an electric drill. That way he could use the drill to turn the handle.

My handle has an 18mm center nut. I easily found 18mm sockets for either 3/8" or 1/2" ratchet drive sets. But I can't find something to adapt the socket or extension that is small enough to fit in the chuck of a drill.

Does anyone know the trick / necessary adapter?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Check Hardware stores, Auto Parts stores or even pawn shops. At my local pawn shop I picked up a set of hex-end adapters for my drill. 3 of them to adapt to sockets, 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 drive. One of the handiest finds I ever picked up. One of those odd little tools you don't know why you'd need till something like this comes up.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You wouldn't have the Harbor Freight part number would you? A search on their web site didn't turn up anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.