LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
45 Deg Mitre Sled.

I am trying to buid a accurate 45 deg mitre sled. I recently tried to use mitre saw and it is precise on smaller widths but if I go over 5", there is slight drift on the outside edges and they are sightly off. I think a precision seld will eliminate this. I have a problem finding a true precise 90 deg setup to help in setting the sled up. I have all items and ready to assemble. I am using the 3,4,5 setup to get the 45 deg angle and T-track sliders for mitre slots.

What is the best way to set this up to get the percision I am looking for?

Thanks
Sawdog
Memphis, TN

·
Registered
912 Posts
45 Deg Mitre Sled.

I am trying to buid a accurate 45 deg mitre sled. I recently tried to use mitre saw and it is precise on smaller widths but if I go over 5", there is slight drift on the outside edges and they are sightly off. I think a precision seld will eliminate this. I have a problem finding a true precise 90 deg setup to help in setting the sled up. I have all items and ready to assemble. I am using the 3,4,5 setup to get the 45 deg angle and T-track sliders for mitre slots.

Thanks
Sawdog
Memphis, TN
Hi SawDog. If you are trying to set up the perfect 90 here is a link to help you.

http://www.thewoodshop.20m.com/five_cut_method_swf.htm

I actually saw it the other day on this site but can't recall who to give credit.

HTH

·
Registered
945 Posts
45 Deg Mitre Sled.

Thanks
Sawdog
Memphis, TN
check yuen chans book or ( chan yuen)
he has a great mitre sled like your hoping to build with exact specs
built one in my wood working class last year.
enjoy
bruce
a chico native lived there my first 18 years…

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.