LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm looking to make a box with a solid wood panel top that is flush with the box top sides (like this one http://lumberjocks.com/projects/21003 ), but I'm concerned that such a snug fit would pop the miters if the top expanded at all. Is this a logical concern? The only other option I can come up with is veneering a thin sheet to either mdf or plywood, though I would prefer to avoid this since my bandsaw is limited in its ability to cut wide, thin sheets. Thanks.

·
Registered
17,103 Posts
Dan I suggest you send a PM to Scott who made the box in your link and ask him about it. It looks to me like he knows what he is doing and he would probably be glad to advise you. I also think the environment the box will be in is an important consideration.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.