LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am designing a full length mirror that can hang on the wall. I have never made a mirror frame before and was looking for technique on how to put the mirror in the frame.

My frame is basically a box jointed on the end with box joints made from walnut and birds eye maple. I am not sure if I should just basically dado a groove for it and a piece of plywood back or shouold I use some other method? It might be easier to build the box and then get a mirror inside and trim it and hold it in with another method. Any input would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
25,690 Posts
I would make a frame like a picture frame with half lapped miter joints for strenght, cut a dado for the mirror and pin in in from behind just like a picture would be held in place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.