LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm working on a knotty alder coffee table for this cowboy I know. I purchased said hardener to apply to the table top to help it be a bit more durable. I've already assembled the legs and apron so applying and sanding to that would pose a bit of a challenge so my original plan was to just use it on the top where drinks and whatnot goes. Is there going to be a huge difference from the hardened parts to the non hardened? Also will using this product heavily effect the outcome of the stain? Has anyone else used wood this soft for a table? What do you use to keep it from being dented and scratched all to hell?

Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I applied it to the tabletop and let it stand for a day and I'm actually pretty happy with the results. It sanded back to original and it no longer scratches by fingernail. Adds a few steps to the whole process but I would use it again in wood as soft as alder is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.