LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Folks,

I need help selecting a mid priced saw - something in the $600 - $750 range. Here's why:

I've slowly been ratcheting up the quality in my shop. For years I was mostly working on home improvement projects and used a couple of Ryobi table saws - which were perfectly fine for dragging around the house, working on decks, and some larger renovations projects.

Of late I have been doing a lot more in the way of detailed woodworking projects and the portable Ryobi BTS-20 which is great on the job site just doesn't cut it anymore. No sense in having good jigs and measurements if the saw can't be really good once set up.

I've seen a craftsman at $650 and a Rigid at $600 - both seem to have better material - iron over plastic, blade guards, better fences and (finally) locking height adjustment.

Any thoughts on a brand to look at (or avoid?) Any help and suggestions would be very much appreciated. I need this saw to last me at least a good 10 - 12 years before we are looking at retirement and I can build my dream shop!

Thanks,

Doug

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bought the Grizzly G0715P a few years ago and haven't looked back. Cuts everything I need it to and, after tuning it up, is very accurate. Plus, it can run 120 or 208.

Do a search and read the reviews, lots of historical threads about this very topic with tons of information.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
The Ridgid has (or had) issues with maintaining blade alignment. Whether that's been solved or not, I don't know. Maybe others will respond that are new Ridgid owners.

Which Craftsman? The Professional ? If it is the Professional I don't remember reading any negative opinions about it. Maybe someone else will post better info for you.

I do remember last year seeing sales ads offering this saw below $500.00. Now that some Sears and some Kmart stores are closing their doors (depending on your area) maybe you will find a good deal.

I've read good reviews on the new Delta offered at Lowes…
http://www.lowes.com/pd_510897-52010-36-725_0__?productId=50081568&Ntt=delta+table+saws&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Ddelta%2Btable%2Bsaws&facetInfo=

IMO, if you can part with more $$ then look into Grizzly….
http://www.grizzly.com/search?s=category%3aTablesaws&rankBy=price%3aascending&s=brand:Grizzly&page=1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.