LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Hi Guys i have a question i have been given some black mdf i want to use it on my work bench that i am building my idea is to run cleats down the sides and fix to hard maple either side using screw and glue method now my question is can i use the same finish on both matirals ie: tung oil with a wipe on poly i have never tried this before so i'm just abit worried it doesn't work please help with advice

Thanks guys for your imput

Andy

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim i was thinking of trying to get a high gloss finish on the black mdf like most of us i hate finishing and never seem to get the finish i'm after LOL….....

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
I'm a big fan of Nitro cellulose lacquer sprayed on.
Some guys are switching to water based stuff(urethanes) with good results.
Anything less than this is a lot less. <vbg>

Bob

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dave i like the idea but with the amount of dust i have in my shop i dont know if it will work that well i might have to wait now till summer if we have one and do the finish outside my shop is tiny so dust seems to linger forever

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.