· Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, back again from Chapter 1

The Legs raise it up a tad.
Wood Table Wood stain Gas Lectern

Trim coming up in the next installment.

Another Day

The legs are mitered into the corners, but needs something to hide all the "busy" going on.

Window Wood Door Wood stain Hardwood

Made some cherry cap molding (top and bottom).

Rectangle Wood Natural material Pet supply Wood stain

So that's about it for the build.
Greased it all up with some Watco, gives the cherry a head start on its color change.
Will give it a spray with some pre-cat lacquer next week after the oil dries.
Wood Wood stain Rectangle Creative arts Hardwood

I'll have to find a glass vase, something without and drain holes incase someone wants to put cut flowers inside. Something 4" x 7" would be perfect.

Thanks for stopping by. I'll post the glam photos as a completed project after the finish is applied.

· Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments Dave & Dave!

Dave, I use my box joint blade set for cutting these 45 degree miters in the legs. Just tilt the set to 45, then pass the edge of the board over the blade (second pass after rotating to get it centered).

I try hard to remember to do these cuts on the square stock before cutting and shaping the legs. Lots easier and safer that way.

· Registered
6,567 Posts
Haven't been here much lately, but keep seeing a pic of your most current post displayed right in the middle of the page when I log on. I took that as a sign to jump in and say Hi. Sign in had me in a retard loop with a freeking chapta goober, what other crap are they dumping on users. Be lucky if they keep 5 users, doesn't matter what the "member" count is if nobody actually comes here. Jeesh, WABAL.

Looks like you found a use for your panels, looks great, hardly surprised in that though.

Those pesky little corner beads did you use a shallow tilted saw blade on the TS, or a V bit on the router table? I think I would have used the V bit, you can herd the stock over to the fence just so, and do several feet of it at a time. It's harder to herd stuff on the table saw, and I can see a length of that at 4' becoming a bit whispy otherwise, and the edge to the blade wouldn't stand as well as the other wider edge, so using a push block mashed down could get you a flipper. I hate sawing just push block.

Hope all is well. Be good.

· Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haven't been here much lately, but keep seeing a pic of your most current post displayed right in the middle of the page when I log on. I took that as a sign to jump in and say Hi. Sign in had me in a retard loop with a freeking chapta goober, what other crap are they dumping on users. Be lucky if they keep 5 users, doesn't matter what the "member" count is if nobody actually comes here. Jeesh, WABAL.

Looks like you found a use for your panels, looks great, hardly surprised in that though.

Those pesky little corner beads did you use a shallow tilted saw blade on the TS, or a V bit on the router table? I think I would have used the V bit, you can herd the stock over to the fence just so, and do several feet of it at a time. It's harder to herd stuff on the table saw, and I can see a length of that at 4' becoming a bit whispy otherwise, and the edge to the blade wouldn't stand as well as the other wider edge, so using a push block mashed down could get you a flipper. I hate sawing just push block.

Hope all is well. Be good.
Glad to see you drop by George!

I used my box joint TS blade set angled to 45 deg. Ran a long strip over the blade with both sides against the fence to keep it symmetric.

if I had worried about sharp pointy edges I would have DS taped a length of masonite parallel to each edge to use as guides. Cut just deep enough to nick the masonite and a perfect edge results.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts