LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have just bought one of these planer - jointers and I am very happy with it. I had to recover the rollers on mine and it was simple and cost about $175, including shipping. I have no connection with the seller or interest in the sale, but I wanted to let other know about in case there is someone near Bethsalem, PA would would be interested. These machines weigh about 300 lbs, so shipping is probably not practical (and this seller wants a local buyer). The listing is here

If links to ebay are not allowed, my apologies, let me know and I will edit it out.

I hope this is helpful to another woodworker.

-Will

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
How do you like your planer? It sure makes a difference of what kind of project you can do (or at least how much hand planing you need to do:) when you have one of these.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been really happy with the jointer-planer. After I installed the recovered rollers, I did not have to do anything for it to work reasonably, and I have been meaning to get the knives out and hone them a little sharper but have not yet got around to it. I am not very good with the hand tools, so this is essential for me.

I have quite a bit of rough old fir that I removed from my home when I remodeled a porch into a bedroom that looks ugly, until I run it through the jointer-planer then it is beautiful!

I was looking to buy some carbide knives, but so far I have only found them at prices beyond my budget, so I am staying with HSS.

Mark - do you have one of these machines?

I have the original manual if anyone needs it I can send an electronic copy.

-Will

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
No my jointer (at Delta 2000 6") and a Dewalt 733 are stand alone machines, which means they take up a fair bit of the shop. I've got to pull the blades on both and hone them up as they are getting quite dull.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Negative Zero, Can you please send me a copy of the 2030 Manual. My email address is [email protected]
Thanks much, I just bought one from a guy in Calgary on Kijji and am trying to figure out if I can buy the dusts
hoods from Makita Canada and the y connection or do I have to have one made out of sheet metal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is there anyone out there that has a diagram they can share to fabricate a couple of hood vents for a dust collector for a Makita 2030 Jointer Plainer. Makita Canada wants over 600 for a y join and the two hoods one for the plainer and one for the jointer. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Negative Zero
I've recently purchased a 2030 and it is in great shape. I look forward to many years of use. The only problem is that I cannot for the life of me find the manual online. I saw your posts about emailing it to folks and wondered if it wouldn't be too much trouble to email me a copy?
I'd be much obliged
D
The email address is [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Negative Zero
I've recently purchased a 2030 and it is in great shape. I look forward to many years of use. The only problem is that I cannot for the life of me find the manual online. I saw your posts about emailing it to folks and wondered if it wouldn't be too much trouble to email me a copy?
I'd be much obliged
D

- Dartsmith

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.