LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27,252 Posts
mail order hardwood

Does anyone know where to mail order hardwood via the internet?
Jimmy,

There are a wealth of businesses who will ship hardwood lumber to you. Here is a link to a fellow LJ, Barlow who does this. Here is a price list that he posted recently. Other sources include Ebay. You can get some good deals there. Another source is Craigslist.

But your best best would be to find a local sawyier as the shipping cost adds up on internet purchases. You might want to check with your local tree removal companies to see if they work with anyone to saw up logs into lumber.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
mail order hardwood

I bought some cherry for table legs from Barlow. Excellent quality and price.

I think the problem with buying on the internet or remote is the shipping cost. I too recommend finding a local sawyer or a lumberyard. Prices may well be similar or lower and you can select lumber perosnally.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
mail order hardwood

bell forest products, that schummie said above is what Marc "the wood whisperer" ordered from and he was impressed.

i have ordered from on several occasions goosebay lumber and i have liked their service and products. i haven't tried their curly or birdseye maple yet but i want to

·
Registered
27 Posts
mail order hardwood

one i have used in the past was wall lumber. prices are reasonable, shipping was a good, and product was pretty nice. i ordered 100BF of their log run walnut. i got some pretty good yield from that delivery.

good luck
Nick

·
Registered
133 Posts
mail order hardwood

Jimmy,
I have a planer mill and hand select all the lumber i sell, i can usually beat just about every where elses price on domestic hardwoods. I also will cut to length/rip/plane to your specs. I specialize in birdseye, but also have some nice curly soft maple. I always have oak, ash, cherry, black walnut, oak and w. and b. ash in stock. Feel free to send me a PM if there is anything i can do for you. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
mail order hardwood

Mac Donald and Owen Lumber has huge inventories and can provide craftsmen the lumber they are seeking at competitive prices. 800-657-6990

www.hardwoodlumber.net

They also have hardwood floors all species, brands, exotics and domestics that can ship wholesale to consumers. Save over 70%+ from retail. www.emeraldfloors.com

·
Registered
634 Posts
mail order hardwood

Just curious, can anyone tell me if this is a good deal at ~$7 a BF shipped? Is this a typical price for this type of hardwood, or rather a typical "special deal"?:

http://www.bellforestproducts.com/curly-red-leaf-maple-project-pack/?utm_source=lumberjocks&utm_medium=emag&utm_campaign=Curly%2BBlowout

Again, I am curious as I am starting to try and get an idea of what to expect in terms of wood prices in my area and over the internet. I'll probably start making a list of "typical" prices per bd/ft, sheet goods, etc. so that I can somewhat responsibly and reasonably budget projects.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.