LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,172 Posts
Magna was the name of the company who originally made Shopsmith. The 710 is listed as a 9" saw… are your sure yours is a 10"? I can't imagine why they would have two size saws with the same model number. Click on the link above to go to the VM site for more info.

Cheers,
Brad

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this magna looks just like the one from VM.someone put a 1 1/2 horse craftsman on it,and so far seems like a real sweet saw.the fence is heavy duty and spot on.the miter gauge leaves a little to be desired,a pistol grip like shopsmith

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 710 is a great saw. I have one that I have restored to nice working condition. It was originally a 9" saw but the throat and trunion easily accommodate a 10" blade and the 3/4 HP motor has no problem with the larger blades. I recently acquired a second saw from a neighbor for parts and now have a spare working motor, trunion/arbor and rip fence along with the original stand and case. The trunion/arbor are one of the simplest and durable designs I have seen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the response. I've got three myself.Two with 1 1/2 hp motors and the other for either parts or resto ..One is set up with a dado and the other for rip. Tho I've been thinking of selling and just using band saw,routers,and planer to save space(10×20 shop).Great saws and a workable fence. Have a great day,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.