LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,342 Posts
I guess a lot would depend on how much wood you have on hand. If it weighed more than say 500 lbs, you would have a tough time building a cart for it, not to mention moving it when you needed too.

The carts I have seen so far were mainly designed for sheet goods. It would not be difficult to adapt them to hold lumber as well. The lumber would probably have to be stacked in the middle, to avoid overweighting the cart to one side.

I would try to find an area I could build a lumber rack in. Maybe you could move the tools and such around to allow this to happen. Just a thought.

· Registered
1,342 Posts
Some shops say to stand the plywood up on end to store. Other people say build a cart and store it on its side. Both claim it prevents warping, but storing it flat is the only way I know to do that.

I guess a lot depends on your space. If you could store your sheets upright in a corner, then your cart could be used for storing your lumber only. Might be a help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.