LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all<
I am looking to build my frist router bench, well, I have searched so much and have decided to either go with alum. type bench top or laminate ply at 1 inch. I like the jessem fence and the router lift but, the prices are well, out of this world. Can anyone give some great advise. I have finished my cherry wall table and it looks fine. I will post some pics when I am able to do so. This table will help as I like the sliding dove tail joints instead of mortise and tenon. It took me a while to do the figure on the legs but, nice joints.
Thank's all and hope to hear from you
George

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not sure if this is what your looking for but here are some pictures of the router table I built last winter,
! if you plan on installing a router lift on yours I would put a door on the front it would cut down on noise. This one I built out of two sheets of 3/4" MDF and western birch, the top is two layers of 3/4" MDF, the drawers are made of 1/2" and 1/4" birch plywood. I knew this thing would be heavy and I wanted to be able to move it and I wanted it to sit still while in use, so I incorporated in a lifting swivel castor from a mobile base from a jointer and two adjustable legs on the back and two solid front castors.
!
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss147/MikeDelyster/147_4767.jpg!After using this router table for almost a year the only thing I would change is I would have installed a router lift and added a door, which might still happen one day. I will post a couple of pictures of the front in another post. Good luck with your new router table and have fun.

·
Registered
350 Posts
well you asked a loaded question you will get many different opinions on this so ill just tell you what I'm running.

i didn't want to take up space in my shop with another shop machine so i dropped mine into my assembly table

i ended up with rockler plate and for the fence i have an incra fence that i use trax to attach when i use the router the table is 2 pieces of 3/4" melamine glued together it works great for me.

hope that helps

jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.