LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am starting to ramp up my shop and have found that I really prefer using hand tools as much as possible. I was lucky enough to purchase two antique Diston hand saws from a friend that are in excellent shape. One is an 8 tpi 26 inch rip saw and the other is a 10 tpi 26 inch crosscut saw. They both work great and I can resharpen them easily. My biggest issue right now is that I have a dozuki type back saw for cutting dovetails and it is getting pretty dull. I cannot really sharpen it. I am looking for a dovetail saw and a tenon saw that are of good quality and that I can resharpen myself. Price is somewhat of a consideration at this point. Any suggestions on places to purchase saws like this would be greatly appreciated. Most of the saws that they sell now that are not Veritas or others of that caliber are impulse hardened which means no resharpening and if I am going to buy a saw I want it to last a long time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.