LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
118,619 Posts
Good luck to you Mark
Sorry you feel the way you do. When I have had conflicts with people on LJ I have always felt they would win if I left LJs .

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well I think I must of missed something. Two things I generally don't like to talk about on forums is religion and politics. I have enjoyed your posts over the years and will miss your passion for sharing. I do have to agree with Jim. By leaving they win and "WE" lose. Love to know where you plan on taking your participation. I'm involved in a couple of other woodworking sites my self. You could PM me if you like.

stnich

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Is that a Festool, Porter Cable or Delta miter saw you have in your picture?

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
I hope this thread doesn't get closed, looks promising for some good entertainment.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I'm new to the site and this post seems so over the top I just don't have a point of reference. The personal attack on Cricket for example is so inappropriate. If the site bothers you so much why do you even log in? I've received lots of helpful information in my short time on the site. Yes, there are some posters that provide humor rather than assistance and, well, I think that's cool as well. Heck, I've tried to be funny too on some of my replies. I wish you well on your future endeavors including your book. Regards, Tom

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
I have no doubt that somewhere along the way you've been wronged, but following it up with a litany of additional wrongs doesn't make it right, or acceptable…this is the worst infraction on public woodworking forums I've witnesses in 12 years….imagine the impression this note leaves on innocent bystanders who stumble on here for the first time. Its disappointing to say the least. There are other and better ways of handling the sometimes unpleasant fruits that the human condition can send our way. Regardless of your past contributions, today, you went out of your way to create statements that are strongly offensive to many people who are innocents in this matter….call it collateral damage, but you were the problem this time, not the solution.

... best of luck to you.

·
Premium Member
33,478 Posts
Well. I wonder how long this sort of rant would last at, say

Wood on line?
Woodnet?
Saw Mill Creek?

Maybe find a Halfway House for Disturbed Bloggers?

I think this post will be toast by the end of today…..
With such thin skin, it must really hurt when you miss, and hit your thumb….

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have to agree with knottscott on this one as well as many other posters. 2 wrongs don't make a right. I have received more help and guidance on woodworking issues than I can count from this site and I very much appreciate it. This is a woodworking site, not a religious or political site. This is also not a place where foul language and targeting an individual should be tolerated at all. Frankly, I'm surprised this thread hasn't been deleted. I wish you well in your future endeavors as I wish all users of this site nothing but the best life can offer. After all, we only grace this earth for a short time!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I don't have a clue as toward whom you are addressing your venom. I don't have a clue as to who you are, or who hurt your little feelings. I do know that this is the best site on the internet for information and social interaction among woodworkers. I have read none of your blogs so I don't know about your abilities, but it seems as if you might be all to willing to pontificate upon religion and politics, to which others take exception. This site is for woodworking, not preaching and campaigning for office. I do see that you have a very limited vocabulary since you have the need to resort to vulgar words to express your venom. Good luck with your book, because with your linguistic handicap you will need all the luck you can muster to accomodate for your lack of talent at the keyboard.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
It will be interesting to know what the response to this will be (besides deletion). On another forum run by the same folks I politely asked to have my account deleted via PM. I was flatly told "we don't delete accounts". I logged out and never went back. Maybe a rage like this gets it deleted????? (Not that I'm planning anything.)

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
WOW! My eyes are burning and my mind is spinning. I can't imagine this taking place on a woodworking site. I used to be involved heavily in politics and there is a reason I'm not involved any more. I hope for the sake of all neutral parties on this site that you take your bashing someplace else rather than flood this site with it all. I hope this doesn't ruin this for me. I just got here and I hope I haven't made a mistake. I enjoy talking to other like minded woodworkers and exchanging ideas. I just hope you guys can settle this away from this site and leave the rest of us alone.

·
Premium Member
5,791 Posts
I think the post was over the top and should have been toned down. Obviously, he is very upset about some issues and posts. I was curious and went back and looked at some of the posts and kind of understand some of his frustration.

Some people think some of the threads where things get personal are entertainment and some are but some go way to far. Some people stay out of them and others are feeding trolls.

Cricket has a difficult time and can not possibly read all the posts. It is up to the members to help monitor things. Certainly, people like RantingRich was way over the line in my opinion. Others may have enjoyed his posts.

If you think that a post is over the line it is pretty easy to flag it to the attention of LJ moderators. You can also send Cricket a personal message asking or commenting about posts. I have done this a couple of times and she has been good at checking them out and taking action when needed.

This forum belongs to LJ and they run and moderate it as they want. It is also up to the members to decide what kind of a forum they want. If you see something that you think is objectionable, you can either report it, ignore it or feed it. What you do determines the character of the forum.

·
Registered
13,731 Posts
If you think it's bad now, you should have been here before Cricket. Back then people were free to say or behave any way they wanted, short of threatening someone's life or using racial slurs (and even the slurs were slow to get deleted until a fuss was made about it).

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
If you think it s bad now, you should have been here before Cricket. Back then people were free to say or behave any way they wanted, short of threatening someone s life or using racial slurs (and even the slurs were slow to get deleted until a fuss was made about it).

- Rick M.
Correct, correct, and correct.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.