LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First call for a Fall Michigan get together

Thanks to Jockmike2 back in April, I think, I am starting to plan another Michigan get together. Hopefully more will be able to attend. Looking at mid october or early november. Any thoughts? Lets have this onebe a better turn out. We a great time with the first one.

·
Registered
35,383 Posts

Thanks to Jockmike2 back in April, I think, I am starting to plan another Michigan get together. Hopefully more will be able to attend. Looking at mid october or early november. Any thoughts? Lets have this onebe a better turn out. We a great time with the first one.
Good luck on the planning.

·
Registered
10,908 Posts

Good luck. I am organizing one in North Carolina too. Hope yours turns out great.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

What part of the state are you targetting for the meet?

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

where you from steve?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts

Hey Rustic, I was hoping to get something going for this side of the state, but my dance card is filling up too fast. Seems I've got too many things to get done and not enough time to do them. I hope this turns out well, because I really enjoyed the last one.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts

How about central Michigan somewhere easy for everyone to get to. ST. Johns, Alma, Chesning, Lansing. Maybe I could talk to Kelvin that sawyer to show up with some of his choicest wood, or slabs, or burls or something worth getting. I've got some white oak and maple I'd be willing to trade. Also an extra lathe and scroll saw. Come on Michiganders where's your spirit. Let's get our booties in gear here. Mike

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Rustic - I'm a bit south of Detroit.

Mike - Lansing area gets my vote due to the freeways to get there.

Probably the biggest thing is a place to meet at that won't break the bank.

Steve.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

sounds good to me is there anyone that would be willing to book some placein the central MI area? I would be willing to travel to what ever area we decide on. I am willing to help set it up but realized it takes alot of work. So any help is appreciated. Are there any woodshops in Lansing area we could book?

·
Registered
197 Posts

I'm currently in Western MI but I would certainly be willing to travel to the center of the state or where ever for a meet-up.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

hey kyle welcome home. You still in 1 peice? LOL

·
Registered
630 Posts

Lansing sounds good for me. Hope it is on a day that works - I was hoping MI would get something going. Perhaps a visit to a mill if someone has a contact.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Hey BillyJ we had a picnic in May. I will check Lansing area for a location.

·
Registered
17 Posts

I have a mill contact in GR Great prices on wood all kiln dried. Its just a one man operation with a woodmizer but he has a LOT of lumber and cuts for his fellow woodworkers, 1/4 sawn, riff sawn ad saves every piece he can. Im sure he would love a visit.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

cool we need to hook up. what are his prices like?

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

you coming to the get together ss?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

I am planning to be there. GR isn't even a full coffee past Lansing.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

I asked for a quote from a hotel chain if we wanted to meet in Lansing indoors. Quality Suites Hotel came back with $100 for a 650 square foot room for the 24th of October. They also offered a discount corporate rate of $79 plus tax for any overnight room stays. They sent me a picture, it looks real nice, but I can't figure out how to paste it or attach.

Since you found a mill in GR, this won't be needed this time. I assume they can provide some space for us to sit and show off our stuff for a while on some tables.

If we plan to get together in over the winter this is an option. If we put together 10 people, the split is only $10 each.

Steve.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I thought we were having it in Lansing area. sswoodworking was just sayin that he knows of a mill in GR. Hopefully we are set. Thanks Steve for the effort we will keepit in mind.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Rustic - I am confused.

Where is the meet going to happen? I am in for either location. Don't think we can visit a mill in GR and meet in Lansing on the same day.

Should I respond to the Hotel person? Do you have a different Lansing location?

Steve.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.