LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I've had the Rikon 10-325 bandsaw for a couple of years now. Very happy with it overall. I've found, however, that I'm using up the belts and having to replace them faster than I think I should. I wonder (a) if anyone else has the same problem, (b) does it suggest misalignment of the pulleys somewhere? and especially© if anyone has replaced the belt with a linkbelt. The pulleys have small grooves in them and the belts have small tongues, which is why I'm uncertain. Seems possible that a link belt might just pop off.
My local bearing/belt shop was unable to find an off-the-shelf replacement so I have to order them from Rikon. Not the end of the world but a minor annoyance.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I also have a Rikon 10-325 that is about 2 years old. It gets a fair amount of use, often for cutting down green bowl blanks up to 12 - 13" thick for turning which I would think puts a lot of strain on the machine. I have not noticed any degradation of the belts, making me think that your problem may be a misalignment issue as you suggest.

I'll be watching this topic to my watch list to see what others think. I don't use any link belts on equipment now, but understand they can greatly improve performance.

Ron

·
Registered
19,961 Posts
I have the 10-325….

A link belt would not work on one….
Unless you were to change out the pulleys.

However, that won't matter, if you don't align the pulleys correctly….
Which is what I think your issue is.

Fixing the misalignment shouldn't be that difficult to diagnose, nor fix.
Good luck….

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.