LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Mothers Day

The best gifts for Mother's Day is the one she wants. I couldn't build it, but we had fun picking them out. Just a very short extra video I tossed together quick.

A nice guesture Jim,

You could however bought a slab of beer too.

BTW whats with the utube take off of me trying to see these days.

- robscastle
Well, the beer would for me…lol. I am not quite sure what you other question is getting at.

Happy Wife, Happy Life.

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Mothers Day

The best gifts for Mother's Day is the one she wants. I couldn't build it, but we had fun picking them out. Just a very short extra video I tossed together quick.

Docs little docs #9 spotted it when I was admiring your mothers day plant purchase!

- robscastle
Ahhh, OK, lol…the magnifiers come in handy for lots of things…lol.

Thanks
Jim

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It's not always about woodworking for me.

I have other things I enjoy too. I went to the 2017 Canadian Nationals at the Grand Bend Motorplex to get my recommended dosage of Nitro-Methane fumes and tire smoke. I put together a bit of video of the event. If you are a car guy (or gal), or even it you aren't. I hope you enjoy it.

View on YouTube

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Mobile home move

Well, we have a new unit in the park. This happened this past summer and there was a good turn out of interested folks. I thought the process was worth recording….so I did. Of course a bit of a preamble on why I have not been releasing too many videos lately.

View on YouTube

· Registered
4,324 Posts
Mobile home move

Well, we have a new unit in the park. This happened this past summer and there was a good turn out of interested folks. I thought the process was worth recording….so I did. Of course a bit of a preamble on why I have not been releasing too many videos lately.

View on YouTube
Thanks Jim,
The foundations are a bit on the soft side from the looks of things.

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Mobile home move

View on YouTube
Thanks Jim,
The foundations are a bit on the soft side from the looks of things.

- robscastle
The unit itself sits on 14 twelve inch concrete piers that go 4 feet into the ground. The fill is just for them to drive over as the local by law says new units have to be 2' above the highest grade.

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Getting frustrated and fed up

I'm so tired and fed up with jumping through You Tube hoops that I'm thinking of giving it up. I make very few dollars at it, certainly not enough to put up with the BS.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Computer

Attachments

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
It's wood, and it sure is working.

Not much shop time lately. When I am not wearing myself out moving snow my winter has been filled up with preparing for future winters. When that isn't happening, I am recovering from the effort. The shop is pretty chilly and a mess right now. When I need something I go in and grab it and when I am done I just go in long enough to place that thing on the handiest horizontal surface. Not good for organisation. Oh well, spring will come and things will change and I will get back at projects soon enough. Until then, I'll just keep picking away at the pile a bit at a time.

View on YouTube

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
A garden from landscape ties.

Happy wife, happy life. I built this garden for my wife who is just fantastic at making the yard look nice with all the flowers she plants and tends. It matches other gardens we have in the yard and is pretty easy to do. Well, except for the pounding in of the 12" spikes, which hold it together, and also from moving. I had to till a bit of one corner to get rid of the grass for the new dimensions on one corner, other than that, the old garden that was there last year was pretty cleaned up.

View on YouTube

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
The bathroom disaster.

I was debating on weather I ought to put this in here, but there is a lot of working with wood in it, along with a lot of other things, so why not.

A couple of weeks ago we had a fitting fail in our master bathroom. We had to pull everything out of the room to gain access to the leak. Well, my wife has been wanting to remodel the bathroom for the last 16 years, so while everything is out of it, why not? Other than it's a ton of work and expense. I am posting the first 3 videos, done in a short vlog style to catch you all up to date on what is going on, and why the Roubo bench build is temporarily on hold. I have some footage of the bench build to edit yet, but not a lot of time lately. So, I hope you get some entertainment from what I am doing on this remodel.

This post is part 1

View on YouTube

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Bathroom Disaster part 4: End of construction

Getting pretty much everything buttoned up and the rough work done. Soon it will be on to finishing work. Some unpleasant jobs and some re adjusting required, but I get it all sorted out.

View on YouTube

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Bathroom reno part 5

I think we are beyond the disaster stage now and can just call it a renovation. A lot of days of work in a very short video. Waiting for drywall compound and paint to dry takes time, but makes a boring video, so I skipped all that part and just toured the good stuff…as in results.

<a href="https://www.tools4noobs.com/online_tools/youtube_xhtml/">

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Bathroom vlog 6: How to make and install shiplap wainscoting

How I made and installed the wainscoting in the bathroom. I had fun milling up the cedar, and the shop smell great. I include the milling, my finishing process with water based polyurethane, and go through the installation.

<a href="https://www.tools4noobs.com/online_tools/youtube_xhtml/">

· Registered
1 Posts

How I made and installed the wainscoting in the bathroom. I had fun milling up the cedar, and the shop smell great. I include the milling, my finishing process with water based polyurethane, and go through the installation.

This is a great video. I also make fun tutorial videos like this at <a href="https://projects.ng">https://projects.ng
(educational) and https://mart.ng (recipes). Please, how do I embed my YouTube videos on LumberJocks.com?

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·

(educational) and https://mart.ng (recipes). Please, how do I embed my YouTube videos on LumberJocks.com?

- somtoo
Thanks. To embed videos I use…. http://www.gorissen.info/Pierre/files/YouTube_code.htm

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.