LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the 14" Porter Cable bandsaw (PCB330BS). The plastic throat plate insert is lower than the table. There are no leveling screws in the cut out of the table. Would you guys just shim something like this to get it level? If so, what do you use? I tried using some masking tape, but it's quite hard to do because of how thin the outer lip is (see the attached picture).
Automotive tire Wheel Rim Material property Automotive lighting

Is there a better way to go about this that I'm not thinking of?

Thanks,

David

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Place 3 or 4 drops of hot melt glue around on that narrow lip.

To keep the glue from sticking to the insert, use vaseline or something like that on the insert.

Press the insert in while the glue is still wet.

Hope that helps.

peace, T

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
I turned a few from thick acrylic for my Grizzly bandsaw, little tricky at first, but after a couple that were trash, I had the procedure down and they work great.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
I make my own on the lathe as well.. for my Delta band saw as well as my Delta scroll saw (which uses the same size inserts). Hot melt glue is also a great idea.

Cheers,
Brad

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
3 blobs hot melt, no vaseline, push it down til it's level. If it isn't just how you want it, rip it off and repeat.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I'd reccomend going with a ZCI insert like these, The white ones work with my Ridgid BS, and they fit much better than the stock ones as well as being ZCI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.