LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can anyone help me out? I am interested in getting going in wood turning. I have been somewhat trained and I have a small bench top lathe that doesn't belong to me but is in my shop. So I am looking to get my own lathe. I need to get my own lathe, it is like an itch that I can't reach. I need help, I have been looking at Grizzly lathes, they look good, but I read a bad review. I am looking to spend up to $800, but I want to make sure I get my money work. I like the grizzly G0462. Any other suggestions. I really want to turn bowls, that is my interest at this point.
Thanks so much
Derek

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Just getting started, look for a used lathe. There are lots of them out there, take your time. After you work on that for a while and decide you want a better one look at the Powermatic 3520b. I think it is the best for the money.
Save part of that lathe money for a good Nova or Oneway chuck (or similar type) to put on what ever lathe you you find.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I agree with LesB. There are a lot of good used lathes out therre, but make sure you get attachments! (or have left over oney for them)

Scrappy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.